No person shall drive or be in actual physical control of a vehicle in this state if the person is impaired to the slightest degree while under the influence of any of the following circumstances:
- Blood Alcohol concentration of 0.15 or more but less than 0.20. A person who is convicted of a violation of this section is guilty of driving or being in actual physical control of a vehicle while under the extreme influence of intoxicating liquor. This offense is a class one misdemeanor.
Drunk driving is known by a variety of names such as:
- driving under the influence (DUI)
- driving while impaired (DWI)
- operating under the influence (OUI)
- operating while impaired (OWI)
- driving under the influence of intoxicants (DUII)
- driving while under the influence (DWUI)
The mere fact that driving intoxicated or under the influence may be called by different phrases, the consequences of such a conviction can be devastating. So no matter what you call it, one should seriously consider hiring a competent, experienced lawyer to represent them.
Contact Brian Di Pietro Law, PLLC. Arizona's Most Experienced, Tough Lawyer for DUI/DWI Criminal Charges!
Attorney Brian Di Pietro has successfully represented many clients who had been charged with DUI/DWI. His success is a result of his 38 years of criminal law both as a prosecutor and defense counsel. He is familiar with the case law applicable to the charge of DUI/DWI and is able to use this knowledge combined with his aggressive approach to defending his clients that have resulted in the favorable resolution for his clients. Contact him now at 623-242-2655 for a free confidential case evaluation about your DUI/DWI charges in Arizona.