Emergency Response Expenses:
- Arizona may seek from a person who is under the influence of intoxicating liquor, any drug, a vapor releasing substance containing a toxic substance or any combination of liquor, drugs or vapor releasing substances, who causes an accident that results in an emergency response and who is convicted of any DUI/DWI is liable for the expenses of that emergency response.
- The expenses of an emergency response are a charge against the person liable for those expenses. The charge is a debt of that person.
- The public agency, for-profit entity or not-for-profit entity that incurred the expenses may collect the debt proportionally. The person's liability for the expenses of an emergency response shall not exceed one thousand dollars for a single accident.
- The liability imposed under this section is in addition to and not in limitation of any other liability that may be imposed.
Drunk driving is known by a variety of names such as:
- driving under the influence (DUI)
- driving while impaired (DWI)
- operating under the influence (OUI)
- operating while impaired (OWI)
- driving under the influence of intoxicants (DUII)
- driving while under the influence (DWUI)
The mere fact that driving intoxicated or under the influence may be called by different phrases, the consequences of such a conviction can be devastating. So no matter what you call it, one should seriously consider hiring a competent, experienced lawyer to represent them.
Contact Brian Di Pietro Law, PLLC. Arizona's Most Experienced, Tough Lawyer for DUI/DWI Criminal Charges!
Attorney Brian Di Pietro has successfully represented many clients who had been charged with DUI/DWI. His success is a result of his 38 years of criminal law both as a prosecutor and defense counsel. He is familiar with the case law applicable to the charge of DUI/DWI and is able to use this knowledge combined with his aggressive approach to defending his clients that have resulted in the favorable resolution for his clients. Contact him now at 623-242-2655 for a free confidential case evaluation about your DUI/DWI charges in Arizona.